The Ubiquiti AirMax PowerBeam M5 400 AC Gen 2 is likely a wireless bridge or point-to-point radio system designed for high-performance outdoor connectivity. It is part of the AirMax product line, known for providing reliable and long-range wireless communication solutions.
- Frequency Band: The “M5” in the name suggests that the device operates in the 5 GHz frequency band, which is commonly used for Wi-Fi and point-to-point wireless communication.
- AirMax Technology: Ubiquiti’s AirMax technology is known for its efficient use of available spectrum and improved signal quality. It includes features like TDMA (Time Division Multiple Access) for optimizing network performance.
- Powerful Antenna: The “PowerBeam” series typically includes a high-gain directional antenna designed for long-range communication. The “400” in the name may indicate a 400mm dish size, contributing to the device’s gain.
- AC Technology: The “AC” in the name suggests support for the 802.11ac Wi-Fi standard, providing higher data rates and improved performance compared to previous standards.
- Gen 2: The “Gen 2” designation may indicate that this device is a second-generation model, featuring improvements in terms of hardware, software, and overall performance compared to its predecessor.
- Weatherproof Design: Outdoor wireless devices like the PowerBeam series typically feature a rugged and weatherproof design, allowing them to withstand various environmental conditions.
- Integrated Radio: The device likely includes an integrated radio, reducing the need for external equipment and simplifying installation.
- Point-to-Point or Point-to-Multipoint Configuration: The PowerBeam series is versatile and can be used for establishing point-to-point links or point-to-multipoint connections, making it suitable for various network setups.