The Ubiquiti UniFi Security Gateway (USG) is a networking device designed for small to medium-sized networks. It serves as a gateway/firewall device that provides security and routing features. Here’s an overview of its key features and specifications:
- Firewall and Security: The USG offers advanced firewall capabilities to protect your network from unauthorized access and threats. It supports stateful firewall policies, intrusion detection and prevention, deep packet inspection, and more.
- Routing: It functions as a router, supporting static and dynamic routing protocols such as OSPF and BGP. This enables efficient data routing within your network.
- VPN Support: The USG allows for the creation of virtual private networks (VPNs) to securely connect remote offices or remote users to the main network. It supports various VPN protocols, including IPsec and L2TP.
- QoS (Quality of Service): Quality of Service settings can be configured to prioritize network traffic for critical applications, ensuring a smooth and reliable network experience.
- Integration with UniFi Controller: The USG can be managed and monitored using the UniFi Controller software, providing a unified interface for managing all your UniFi devices, including access points, switches, and the USG itself.
- Multiple WAN Support: It can handle multiple WAN (Wide Area Network) connections, allowing for load balancing or failover configurations to maintain network availability. (Ubiquiti UniFi Security Gateway)
- Remote Management: You can remotely manage the USG via the UniFi Controller, which can be accessed from anywhere with an internet connection.
- Scalability: The USG is designed to be scalable, making it suitable for growing networks. You can expand your network infrastructure by adding more UniFi devices as needed.(Ubiquiti UniFi Security Gateway)