The TP-Link TL-WR840N is a budget-friendly wireless router designed for basic home networking needs. With its Wireless N technology, it provides a reliable wireless connection for activities such as web browsing, email, and social media. The router’s user-friendly interface simplifies the setup process, making it suitable for users who may not be familiar with advanced networking configurations. While it may lack some of the advanced features found in higher-end models, it serves as a practical and affordable solution for users seeking a basic wireless router for everyday use.
- Wireless Standard: Supports Wireless N technology with speeds of up to 300Mbps, suitable for basic internet activities.
- Antennas: Equipped with two fixed external antennas to enhance Wi-Fi coverage and signal strength.
- Ethernet Ports: Includes four 10/100Mbps LAN ports for wired connections and one 10/100Mbps WAN port for connecting to the internet.
- Wireless Security: Provides WPA/WPA2 encryption to secure your wireless network, protecting against unauthorized access.
- IP-based Bandwidth Control: Allows administrators to manage the bandwidth of connected devices based on their IP addresses.
- Easy Setup: Features a user-friendly web interface for easy setup and configuration.
- Guest Network: Enables the creation of a separate and secure network for guests to access the internet without compromising the main network’s security.
- Parental Controls: Offers basic parental control features to manage when and how connected devices can access the internet.
- IPv6 Support: Supports the latest Internet Protocol version, IPv6, for improved network addressing and routing.