The Broadcom BCM957810A1006G is a high-performance LAN (Local Area Network) card designed to provide dual-port 10 Gigabit Ethernet connectivity for servers and network appliances. This PCI Express x8 HBA (Host Bus Adapter) card features SFP+ (Small Form-Factor Pluggable) ports, ensuring flexibility and compatibility with various optical or direct-attach cables.
- Dual-Port Design: The Broadcom BCM957810A1006G features two ports, allowing for the simultaneous operation of two separate 10 Gigabit Ethernet connections. This is beneficial for high-bandwidth applications and scenarios that require network redundancy.
- 10 Gigabit Ethernet (10Gbps): This LAN card supports a high-speed data transfer rate of 10 gigabits per second, providing significantly faster network speeds compared to traditional Gigabit Ethernet connections. This makes it suitable for demanding applications that require large data transfers, such as data centers and high-performance computing environments.
- PCI Express x8 Interface: The LAN card is designed to be installed in a PCI Express x8 slot on the motherboard. The x8 interface ensures that the card can handle the high data transfer rates associated with 10 Gigabit Ethernet.
- SFP+ (Small Form-Factor Pluggable Plus) Connectors: The SFP+ connectors allow for hot-swappable connectivity, enabling the use of a variety of optical or direct-attach copper cables. This flexibility is important for accommodating different network infrastructures and cable types.
- Host Bus Adapter (HBA) Functionality: As an HBA, this LAN card is designed to handle the communication between the host system (such as a server) and the attached network storage devices. This is particularly relevant in storage area network (SAN) environments.
- Broadcom Chipset: The LAN card is powered by a Broadcom chipset, known for its reliability and performance in networking applications. Broadcom is a reputable manufacturer of networking components.
- Network Virtualization: The card may support features related to network virtualization, allowing for the efficient sharing of network resources in virtualized environments.
- Advanced Networking Features: Depending on the specific model and firmware, the LAN card may support advanced networking features such as VLAN (Virtual LAN) tagging, Jumbo Frames, and Quality of Service (QoS) for optimized network performance.
- Low-Profile Design: Some models may have a low-profile design, making them suitable for installation in slim or space-constrained systems.
- Compatibility: The LAN card is designed to be compatible with various operating systems, ensuring broad usability across different server configurations.